Robben Island Tours
Duration: 08:30 – 19:00
Schedule: Monday – Saturday
Location: Robben Island
Price: R1 200 per adult | R480 per child (4 – 12 yrs)
ROBBEN ISLAND & TOWNSHIP TOUR
Full day includes Robben Island ticket (subject to availability and weather permitting)
Let us introduce you to other side of the Cape cultural experience and share with you our history, different cultures and experiences of our apartheid past.
A walking tour provides an extraordinary opportunity to interact with locals into the rich culture of township life.
Visit Robben Island, once home to some of South African’s most famous political prisoners, including late Nelson Mandela was incarcerated.
- Full day combination tour
- Morning township experience
- Walking tour – visit formal and informal settlements
- Visit crèche and meet local entrepreneurs
- Visit Gospel church service on Sunday morning (Only)
- (Optional) Lunch stop at Waterfront before your afternoon ferry trip to Robben Island.
- Note: On request lunch stop at an African restaurant “Lelapa” in Township with live music and storytelling from Mama Shiela (own account).
- Ferry voyage depart from waterfrontIncarceration of Nelson Mandela
*Return transfers not included in cost